This policy describes in more detail in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and any other data protection act (1998 & 2018), how we collect, process and protect your personal information.
1 How we protect your personal data
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- You contact us in respect of services we provide
- During the provision of those services
- You contact us by telephone, mobile, website, email or social media
- From third parties, for example, a family member or an employer
2 What information do we hold about you
This may include:
- Your personal details such as your name and address
- Contact details
- Details of contact we have with you in relation to providing our services
- Details of services you have received from us
- Any communication we have with you
- Any information re enquiries or complaints you make to us
- You driving licence details
- Driving test bookings
3 How do we use your personal data
- We will only share your personal details with your driving instructor or driving instructor trainer
- We may use your data for marketing purposes. In these limited occasions where your consent is required, you have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for processing this specific purpose
- Booking driving tests
4 Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary. This includes to complete the purposes for which it is collected, and any retention period in line with regulatory requirements or guidance.
5 Data sharing
- We will share your data with third parties when required by law, and when it is necessary to administer the relationship between us
- We have a third party service provider who processes your personal data for specific purposes and according to our instructions. They are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
6 Data security
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your data being lost, stolen or accessed in any way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and the regulator of any suspected breach where legally required to do so.
7 Rights of an individual under data protection laws
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erase
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
8 Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
To withdraw your consent please contact our data controller Beverly Slater:
On receiving your email, withdrawing your consent, we will no longer process your personal data.
Changes to this notice:
This notice was updated 9th May 2018
We may change this privacy notice at times to reflect changes in the law or privacy practices.