Driving Instructor Training
If you’re looking for a new career; one that fits around you and your family and involves really helping others develop good driving habits, then you may be interested in training as a Beverly Slater Driving Instructor where you can really get something out of your work, besides a good rate of pay, of course! Beverly Slater welcomes applications for those who would like to teach others how to drive, and we’d love to hear from you if you’ve got the qualities we need for our team. Ask yourself the following questions, to see if you have what it takes to become a driving instructor with Beverly Slater:
- Are you hardworking, reliable and organised?
- Do you have a current driving licence?
- Do you think you could be patient, calm and sensitive to the needs of students?
- Do you think you could be flexible enough to cope with a range of driving abilities?
The Qualifying ProcessLegal Entrance Requirements The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) requires each applicant to satisfy the following. You must:
- hold a full UK or European Union unrestricted car driving licence;
- have held it for a total of at least four out of the past six years;
- not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years prior to application, and be a “fit and proper” person. All convictions (motoring and non‐motoring) will be taken into account when the DSA assesses your suitability to be entered on the Register. You will be required to have an enhanced level criminal record check, which is used to assess your suitability.
- A theory and hazard perception test (Part 1);
- A practical test of your driving ability (Part 2);
- A practical test of your ability to instruct (Part 3);